|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
The market town Arbesbach is situated at an elevation of 849 m at the upper course of the river Großer Kamp in the Waldviertel region of Lower Austria. The first mention in a document (Arwaizpach) dates back to 1246.
The parish church Sankt ägidius [left, no. 1024: bottom right; right, no. 006: right] was built 1761–1772 in Baroque style. The parish was established in 1245.
The ruins of the castle [left, no. 1024: left; right, no. 006: top right]
are the remnants of a construction of the 12th century.
The castle keep is nicknamed 'the molar tooth of the Waldviertel'.