The small holiday resort Strallegg is situated at an elevation of 850 m on a plateau above the valley of the river Feistritz in eastern Styria.
The parish church Sankt Johannes der Täufer
(St. John the Baptist) [background right]
was first mentioned in 1295. The present church was built around 1400 in gothic style.
In 1667 two Baroque side chapels were added to the nave. The west façade and
the church tower date from 1767. Frescos from the mid-15th century were discovered
in the chancel in 1961.