Eggersdorf bei Graz is situated at an elevation of 407 m in the valley
of the river Rabnitz. The village was founded at the end of the 12th century.
The earliest mentions of place names in the area of Eggersdorf are found in a document of 1280/95.
The name Eggersdorf itself, however, was first mentioned only in 1823. Eggersdorf received the
status of a market town in 1928.
In 1962 the municipalities of Eggersdorf and Edelsbach were combined to the new market town
Eggersdorf bei Graz.
Brodingberg, Hart-Purgstall and Höf-Präbach were incorporated into the unicipality on 1 January 2015.