Heilbrunn is situated at an elevation of 1,032 m just below the Brandlucken pass, about 15 km north of the district town Weiz in eastern Styria. Heilbrunn has a population of about 38 and is the centre of the municipality Naintsch (total population 681).
The pilgrimage church Mariä Heimsuchung (Visitation of Our Lady)
was built 1787 in place of an older chapel (1672). The pilgrimage originated already in 1620
when a statue of the Virgin Mary was erected near a spring ('Heiliger Brunnen' means 'holy font').
In 1744 more than 36,000 pilgrims visited the place and more than 1,000 masses were read in those times per year.
Heilbrunn was a place for pilgrimage for people seeking healing of diseases of the eyes and complications of pregnancy.
In 1787 Heilbrunn became an independent parish. Since 2002 the parish is taken care of by the parish of