Soboth (1070 m above sea level) is a small village situated on the eastern slope of the Koralpe in the southeast of Styria near the border to Slovenia.
The parish church St. Jakobus der ältere (St. James the Greater) was first
mentioned in 1545. The old church was destroyed by a fire caused by lightning at the
end of the 17th century. The new church (consecrated in 1704) obtained the rank of a parish church in 1789.