|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
|Bezirk: Wiener Neustadt|
Krumbach is situated at an elevation of 541 m in the Bucklige Welt ('Humpy World') mountain region of southeastern Lower Austria. Krumbach has a population of about 2,250 (2001).
The oldest traces of human inhabitants date from the Stone and Bronze Ages. The earliest mention is found in a document written in 1182. In 1854 Krumbach obtained the status of a market town.
The parish church Sankt Stephan [left, background] was probably founded at some time between AD 824 and 850.
Some parts of the nave still date from the 9th century.
The other parts of the church including choir and tower were built around 1400 in the Gothic period and represent a typical fortified church of that period.
The building was later remodeled in Baroque style in the 17th century.