|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
|Bezirk: Waidhofen an der Thaya|
Groß-Siegharts is situated at an elevation of 534 m in the northern Waldviertel region. It had been a centre of the textile industry of this area which started around 1720. Groß-Siegharts received the status of a town in 1928.
The parish church Sankt Johannes der Täufer (St. John the Baptist) [background] was built 1720–1732. The ceiling frescos in the dome were painted in 1727 by Carlo Carlone. Frescos painted in 1788 by Joseph Adam Mölk in the transcept were destroyed when the transcept windows were enlarged in 1862. The altar of the Lady Chapel of around 1790 holds a wooden statue of the Virgin Mary dating from around 1450.