|ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA||CZECH REPUBLIC|
|Zlínský kraj||Zlín region|
Rožnov pod Radhoštěm is situated at an elevation of 378 m at the river Rožnovská Bečva (Untere Betschwa) west of the Radhošť mountain. The municipality has a population of about 17,300 (2005).
The earliest written mention is found in a document of 1267. In the mid-19th century Rožnov became a popular climatic spa town. On of the attractions of the town is the Wallachian open-air museum (Valašské muzeum v přírodě) which was established in 1925.
The parish church of All Saints [top left] was built in 1748–1752 in place of an older church from the 16th century.
The spa house [top right] was built in 1874 and originally was an open collonade where the patients would drink heated sheep's whey. Later, the construction was roofed over and today it serves as a restaurant and a cultural facility.
[Text adapted in part from http://valasske-kralovstvi.cz/media/files/matroznovaj.pdf]