|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
Lackenhof is situated at an elevation of 809 m on the western slopes of the Ötscher mountain in southwest Lower Austria. The village has a population of 280 (2001) and is a cadastral district of the municipality of Gaming.
The origins of Lackenhof go back to the 15th century when the Carthusian monastery of Gaming founded a Meierhof (manorial estate) and a fish pond. This estate was then called Hof an der Lacke ('farm at the pond'). When the monastery was dissolved in 1782 by Emperor Josef II, Lackenhof became a settlement for tree fellers. Today, the area is a popular winter resort. The 2.4 km long chairlift onto the Ötscher was opened in 1963.
The parish church Sankt Leonhard [background, barely visible] was built after the dissolution of the monastery and was consecrated in 1784. Lackenhof became an independent parish in 1809. The west tower and the side chapels were added in about 1821/1837. The main altar dates from the mid-18th century and originally was a side altar of the monastery church of Gaming.