|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
|Bezirk: Wiener Neustadt|
The market town Waldegg is situated at an elevation of 380 m in the valley of the river Piesting. Archaeological finds made during the 1980s suggest that the area was already inhabited, at least temporarily, some 3,000–6,000 years ago. The Romans seemed to have colonised the area during the 1st century AD, as Roman coins from that period were unearthed in 1803–1805. The first written mention of Waldekke is found in a document of 1128.