|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
|Bezirk: Krems an der Donau|
Gföhl is situated at an elevation of 579 m in the southern Waldviertel region. It became an independent parish in 1332. The status of a town was granted to Gföhl in 1990.
The parish church Sankt Andreas [right]
was built 1615–1620 in Baroque style. The parish itself had been established in 1332.