|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
Litschau is situated at an elevation of 534 m on the southern bank of lake Herrensee in northwest Lower Austria. It is the northernmost town of Austria. The first mentioning of Litschau as a town dates back to 1386.
The parish church Sankt Michael [centre] was built around 1400 in Gothic style in place of an earlier Romanesque church.
The construction took a long time and was completed only in 1478.