|județ Constanța||Constanța County|
Eforie is situated at an elevation of 5 m on an isthmus between the Black Sea and Techirghiol Lake, about 14 km south of the county seat, Constanța. The municipality has a population of about 9,500 (2021) and is composed of Eforie Sud, the administrative centre, and Eforie Nord, a dependent village.
Eforie Sud, the southern part of the town, was founded by the aristocrat Ion Movilă in 1899, when he erected a hotel named B˘ile Movilă (Movilă Spa). In 1928, the spa was renamed Carmen-Sylva, after the pen name of Queen Elisabeth of Romania. In 1950, after the establishment of the Communist regime, the name of the city was changed again to Vasile Roaită to honor a railway worker shot dead during the Grivița strike of 1933. In 1962, the city was renamed yet again to Eforie Sud. In 1966, the city of Eforie was created by merging Eforie Sud with the northern resort Eforie Nord.
Glass no. 4082 [left] shows a view of the