|ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA||CZECH REPUBLIC|
|Pardubický kraj||Pardubice region|
|Okres: Ústí nad Orlicí|
The earliest mention of Žamberk dates from 1308. In 1809, the estate was acquired by Count Windischgrätz. In 1815 it was bought by Baron John Parish. The Parish family lived in Žamberk until 1948 and again since 1990.
The castle of Žamberk [top left] was originally built 1575 by Mikuláš of Bubo. During the Thirty Years' War (1618–1648) it was destroyed by fire. The castle as we see it today was renewed by Count Windischgrätz beginning in 1810 and finished by Baron Parish in 1815. The latter also replaced the old fortifications by a landscape park.
The town centre is dominated by the town hall [bottom centre],
a building from 1812–1815. In the centre of the market square, the