|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
The market town Hoheneich is situated at an elevation of 521 m in the northwestern Waldviertel region. It was first mentioned in a document in 1345.
The parish and pilgrimage church Unbefleckte Empfängnis
(Immaculate Conception) was built in 1776–1780 in late Baroque and Classicist
style by the architect Andreas Zach. The high altar of around 1780 holds
a Gothic statue of the Madonna dating from about 1480–1490.