|Bundesland: Oberösterreich||Upper Austria|
The market town Klam is situated at an elevation of 281 m in the valley of the stream Klambach.
The castle Clam was first mentioned in a document of 1128. In 1492 it came into possession of Stefan Perger, the progenitor of the Clam family (barons since 1655, counts since 1759); the family line Clam-Martinic is still in possession of the castle today. The main part of the castle dates from around 1300 and was enlarged around 1636. Castle Clam is one of the largest and best-preserved castles in Austria.
The swedish writer August Strindberg (1849–1912) stayed here between 1895 and 1896.
The house where he lived today houses the Strindberg museum.