If you came to this page directly and do not see a navigation frame on top, please go to the home page.
|Bundesland: Freistaat Sachsen||Saxony|
Oederan was first mentioned as a town in 1286. The place was originally founded by sorbic settlers in the 9th/10th century. During the 12th century, Frankonian farmers, craftsmen and traders came into the area. In 1583, Oederan received the status of a Free Mining Town. The modern development of the town began during the 19th century, especially after the town was connected to the railroad system in 1865–1869.
The Town Hall [top] was built in 1575 in place of an earlier town hall of around 1400. The building obtained its present shape in 1780.
The school building [bottom right] was completed in 1867. When this building became to small, a new building was added in 1912.
The monument [bottom left] was erected after a railroad accident on
19 September 1895 that killed several soldiers of the Royal Saxon 9th Infantery Regiment Nr. 133 from