|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
|Bezirk: Wiener Neustadt|
Oed is situated at an elevation of 771 m in the valley of the river Piesting.
Oed was first mentioned in a document in 1380 (an der Oed). The name of the village (Oed = öde) means deserted and
indicates that the place, like many others, was deserted for a longer period during the middle ages.
Oed is a cadastral district of the municipality of Waldegg.