|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
The market town Sankt Veit an der Gölsen is situated at an elevation of 369 m on the river Gölsen in the Lilienfeld district of Lower Austria. The settlement began to develop around 1100 after the margraves of Steyr had founded a church and a castle. The castle, called Staffburg, was demolished after the monastery of Lilienfeld was founded in 1202/1206.
The parish church Sankt Veit (St. Vitus) [right] dates back to the 15th century. The chancel in High Gothic style dates from 1400, the late Gothic nave was completed in 1473. The Baroque altar of the Cross holds a Gothic crucifix of 1520.
Other glasses in this collection are from Sankt Veit an der Glan, Carinthia.