|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
Euratsfeld is situated at an elevation of 305 m in the district Amstetten in the Mostviertel region of western Lower Austria.
The earliest known document mentioning Eyratsfelde at Ybissam dates from 1158. Later documents mention the name as Eratsveld (1324), Eiretsveld 1348, Eyroltsveld (1400), Eirratsfeld (1429), Eyratzfeld (1468) and Eyratsfeld (1591). The earliest known owners of the Euratsfeld domains was the bishopric of Freising. The first church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist may already have existed in the 10th century. At first it was a filial church of Neuhofen an der Ybbs; in 1332 it became an parish in its own right. In 1908 Euratsfeld obtained the status of a market town. Euratsfeld has a population of about 2,400 (2005).
The parish church Johannes der Täufer (St. John the Baptist) [background left] was built in the Gothic period. Five panels of the glass windows in the apse date from 1340, The octogonal baptismal is from the 15th century. The vaulting of the nave was completed in 1587. Another treasure of the church is a painting of St. Florian, made by Martin Johann Schmidt ('Kremser Schmidt') in 1770.
Euratsfeld is the place of birth of Alois Mock, Austrian Vice Chancellor (1987–1989) and Minister for Foreign Affairs (1987–1995).