|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
Plank am Kamp is situated at an elevation of 226 m in the valley of the river Kamp in the Waldviertel region of northwestern Lower Austria. Plank is a cadastral district of the municipality Schönberg am Kamp.
In the 12th century, the place was mentioned as Blaenikke, Plauniche, Plaenich and Plenich.
In 1113 Margrave Leopold III (St. Leopold) of Austria donated the area of Unterplank to the monastery of Melk.
The first mention of a church at this place dates from 1267. What we know today as Oberplank already around 1130
was known as the seat of the knights "de Plauniche".
The parish was founded in 1783. The river separates Oberplank on the right bank from Unterplank on the left side of the river.
In 1927 Gottsdorf was incorporated into Unterplank, which in 1929 was renamed Plank am Kamp.