|région: Grand Est|
|département: 67, Bas-Rhin|
Trois-Épis (German: Drei Ähren, litterally 'Three Spikes') [left, no. 2777: top right picture]
is a village partitioned among the municipalities of Ammerschwihr, Niedermorschwihr (both canton Ribeauvillé) and Turckheim
(canton Colmar), about 10 km west of Colmar in the région Alsace of northeast France.
The place is a popular pilgrimage site. The origin of the name was an apparition of ur Lady which supposedly took place in 1491.
ccording to the legend, the virgin Mary held three spikes of wheat in one hand and a hailstone in th other, suggesting that piety
was the source of good harvests.
Glass no. 2777 is labeled as a souvenir from Colmar with the bottom two pictures on the glass showing
views of that town. The top left picture on the glass shows a view of the château Haut-Kœnigsbourg,
about 10 km west of Sélestat and 20 km north of Colmar.