|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
|Bezirk: Bruck an der Leitha|
The district town Bruck an der Leitha is situated at an elevation of 157 m in the Brucker Pforte depression of the river Leitha valley in eastern Lower Austria. The first mention in a document (Aschirichesprucca) dates from 1074. The status of a town was obtained already in 1239. The present ground plan of the city goes back to the 13th century, when the medieval town was founded according to a strict plan of rectangular blocks of houses. Remains of the medieval fortifications can still be seen today.
The parish church Zur Heiligen Dreifaltigkeit (Trinity church) [right, no. 637: background] was built in Baroque style in two periods in 1696–1702 and in 1738–1740.