|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
|Bezirk: Wiener Neustadt|
The market town of Bad Fischau is situated at an elevation of 288 m at the western end of the Steinfeld plain in southeast Lower Austria. Fischau was first mentioned in a document of 1130. The status of a market town dates back to 1158. The thermal springs (18–21°C) are likely to have already been known in Roman times. The use of the waters for bathing is already documented in the 14th and 15th century. The first spa buildings were built 1871–1873. The thermal springs are located on a geological fault line called Thermenlinie (thermal line) which runs from the south of the municipal area of Vienna (sulphur spring in Oberlaa) southward through Mödling, Baden to Bad Vöslau and Bad Fischau. The municipalities of Bad Fischau and Brunn an der Schneebergbahn were merged in 1969 to form the municipality of Bad Fischau-Brunn.
The parish church Sankt Martin [centre] goes back to a church that was built around 1200, probably in place of an even older church. The church was destroyed by the Turks
in 1683. The church was rebuilt 1796–1798 in Baroque style. The old Romanesque and Gothic parts of the church were rediscovered and renovated only in 1976.