If you came to this page directly and do not see a navigation frame on top, please go to the home page.
|ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA||CZECH REPUBLIC|
|Liberecký kraj||Liberec region|
Dětřichov (German: Dittersbach) is situated at an elevation of 355 m about 4 km southwest of Frýdlant in the Liberec district and region of northern Bohemia. Dětřichov has a population of about 620 (2005).
It is believed that the settlement was founded in the period of the German colonization of the 14th century. The first written reference is found in an urbarium, a list of possessions of the monastery of St. Anne in Frýdlant. The village soon grew as it was located at a place where the road from Chrastava to Frýdlant met the route to Rybarzowice (Reibersdorf) and Bogatynia (Reichenau in Sachsen). From the beginning it was part of the Frýdlant domains. During the period of the Reformation part of the inhabitants were expelled. In the late 17th century Dětřichov participated in the riots against the landowners from Frýdlant. In 1780 a new settlement, Kristiánov (Christiansau) was founded, named in memory of the founder, Count Christian Philipp Clam-Gallas. In the 1780s, Dětřichov counted about 28 houses, but only 50 years later, in 1833 it already had grown to include 174 houses and 395 inhabitants, living mostly of farming and weaving. Clothmaking expanded in the late 19th and early 20th century. At that time one factory employed about 700 workers. Around 1900 the population peaked at over 1,700. Prior to World War II, the population was almost exclusively German. After the war, the German population was expelled and the properties were taken over by Czech settlers. In 1963 Dětřichov was incorporated into the municipality of Frýdlant. After the Velvet Revolution of 1988/1989, a single municipality was formed out of Heřmanice and Kristiánov, in 1995 this happened for Dětřichov also.
The church of St. Anne [background]
was apparently built in about 1409, but the first certain mentioned of it dates from 1619 when the tower was built
in the axis of the western façade. The church was remodeled in Baroque style in 1720 and the tower was heightened
in 1889–1890. Since 1958, the church is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic.