|Bundesland: Niederösterreich||Lower Austria|
The castle Kranichberg dates back to the 12th–14th century.
It was remodelled in the 16th cetury and was restored after a fire in 1745.
In 1769 the castle came into possession of the Archdiocese of Vienna and served
as a summer residence for the Archbishops. Since 1978 it is privately owned
and was transformed into a hotel.