|Bundesland: Oberösterreich||Upper Austria|
The market town Gallspach is situated at an elevation of 385 m in the district of Grieskirchen in Upper Austria. The first written mention in a document dates from 1108.
The castle [left] was built around 1600 with a tower, Renaissance arcades in the courtyard and a moat. In 1912, the castle was bought by
Valentin Zeileis, a physician from Vienna. He began to use his high frequency electrotherapy, which he had begun to develop around 1900 in Vienna, for the treatment of
of patients. Together with his son he opened the Electrophysical Institute (Institut Zeileis) in the castle in 1929. The institute is still operating and owned by the Zeileis family.
It is the only medical institute in Europe offering this type of electrotherapy for the treatment of rheumatic, nervous, skin, respiratory, heart and urogenitary tract diseases.
Besides various types of physical therapies, the thermal water (50°C) which has been found at a depth of 930 m is used for the cures.