|Bundesland: Freistaat Sachsen||Saxony|
|Landkreis: Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge|
Neustadt in Sachsen is situated at an elevation of 343 m in a spacious valley between the Sächsische Schweiz and Lausitzer Bergland regions of eastern Saxony. The town was founded around 1300 by miners from Freiberg who wanted to exploit the gold deposits of the area. In 1333 Neustadt (Nuwenstad, Niwenstad) was first mentioned in a document. At first, the town belonged to the Bohemian Crown. In 1443 one half of the town was bought by Saxony, the second half was obtained by Saxony in 1451. During World War II the old town was severely damaged.
The Protestant church Sankt Jacobi [left, no. 1335: top picture, background] dates back to the Gothic period. The chancel dates from around 1500. The nave was demolished and rebuilt in 1883, the tower was completed in 1884.
The Town Hall [left, no. 1335: bottom right, and right, no. 2970: top picture] was built in Baroque style in 1696–1703. The building was altered during the 18th and 19th centuries.
The bottom right picture on glass no. 2970 [right] show a view of the
[http://www.panoramio.com/photo/65688814, http://www.smul.sachsen.de/sbs/325.htm; http://www.stadtbild-deutschland.org/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2944&pageNo=10]
Further places called Neustadt (or similar), of which glasses are in this collection, are:
in the Czech Republic: