|ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA||CZECH REPUBLIC|
|Královéhradecký kraj||Hradec Králové region|
Mlázovice is situated at an elevation of 304 m about 12 km east of the district town Jičín in the west of the Hradec Králové of eastern Bohemia. The municipality of Mlázovice has a population of about 550 (2018).
The oldest written documents mentioning the village dates from mid 1369. The owners of the village changed several timmes throughout the centuries. In 1424, the villlage was besieged and plundered by Hussite troops. Before 1540, Mlázovice obtained the privileges of a market town. In 1594, it became part of the Hořice estate. After the Battle of the White Mountain (Bíla hora, today in Prague) in 1620 the domains were confiscated and in 1621 were given to Albrecht of Wallenstein (Albrecht z Valdštejna). During the Thirty Years' War (1618–1648) and in the last decades of the 17th century, Mlázovice was devastated and deserted. In 1651, it had only 117 inhabitants. In 1735 a permanent parish was established. In the 1920s and 1950s, Mlázovice suffered a wave of fires as many of its houses had been wooden constructions. After rebuilding these in stone, Mlázovice gained a more urban character. In 2007, Mlázovice obtained the new status of a town.
Glass no. 3402 is labeled Hradkove slatinné lázně v Mlázovicich ('Hradkov peat spa in Mlázovice') [toppicture]. The history of the spa dates back to the 1850s. At that time, hydrotherapy in simple baths was installed at the water springs at the foot of the northern slopes of Chlum. Thanks to the growing fame of water-based water healing, the first spa facility with several wooden cabins and hospitality was built here in 1863. At the beginning of the 70s of the 19th century, valuable peat deposits were discovered in Mlázovice. This finding stimulated the development of Mlázovice as a spa resort. In 1896 a new spa building with a garden restaurant was built. Since 1898, the muddy mud baths have begun to work under constant medical supervision. The Peat Baths of Mlázovice were closed in the framework of the reorganization of health care in 1953.
The square (Náměstí) [bottom left picture]
was laid out before the construction of the first stone houses in the middle of the 19th century.
The church of the Holy Trinity [bottom left picture: background]
goes back to a wooden church commemorated in 1360. In the 18thc entury it was replaced by a stone construction.
It received its final form in 1876. Today, the church is a state-recognized monument.