|Bundesland: Freistaat Bayern||Bavaria|
Simbach am Inn (officially: Simbach a. Inn) is situated at an elevation of 345 m on the left bank of the river Inn, opposite the Austrian town Braunau am Inn. The municipality has a population of about 10,100 (2021).
Sunninpach was first mentioned in a written document dating from 927. The counts Toerring obtained the domains in 1646. During the War of the Austrian Succession, in 1743, Simbach was almost completely destroyed. When in 1779 the Innviertel region (east of the Inn) was awarded to Austria in the Peace of Teschen (today Cieszyn, PL, and Český Těšín, CZ), Simbach began to develop as a border town. The most important factor for the development of Simbach in the 19th century was the opening in 1870/1871 of the railway line from Munich via Simbach, Braunau and Linz to Vienna. In 1951 Simbach obtained the official status of a town. In 1972 the district Rottal (renamed Rottal-Inn in 1973) was created by merging the former districts of Pfarrkirchen (with Simbach) and Eggenfelden (minus five municipalities) and two municipalities of the formed district Griesbach.
The building depicted on glass no. 4307 [left] is labeled